AP ICET Exam Syllabus is illustrated Here. This APICET Exam Pattern 2016 is the basic format followed by the authority for the formation of the test paper.Check it to know what does the APICET Syllabus and exam pattern includes, as it will help you in developing an overall idea of the exam. The aspirants who are preparing for AP Integrated Common Entrance Test is available here. Candidates who are going to attend the AP ICET Exam Syllabus, need to prepare thoroughly by following the AP ICET Syllabus 2016 and AP Integrated Common Test Pattern. Further, you should prepare for your exam as per the exam pattern and syllabus as given below.
AP ICET Exam Syllabus
ICET Exam is conducted for providing admissions into various Technical & Management Colleges located in Andhra Pradesh. ICET is known as Integrated Common Entrance Test conducted for the students aiming for MCA & MBA Courses. From this year onwards, ICET exam is conducted by Andhra University. ICET exam is valid for all the colleges located in Andhra Pradesh. This test is taken after the completion of Bachelors Degree in any stream. For this year 2016-17, AP Government has released ICET 2016 Notification for providing admissions to Post Graduation Courses. Students can apply for this AP ICET Entrance Exam 2016 for this year on or before the last Date.
Name of the Conducting Organization: Andhra University.
Name of the Exam: ICET 2016.
Application Mode: Online.
Type of Test: Offline Test.
Official site: apicet.nic.in
The test consists of 200 questions of one mark each in the following topics.
Section – A: Analytical Ability
- (i) Data Sufficiency: 20 Questions
- (ii) Problem Solving: 55 Questions
Section – B: Mathematical Ability
- (i) Arithmetical Ability: 35 Questions
- (ii) Algebraical and Geometrical Ability: 30 Questions
- (iii) Statistical Ability: 10 Questions
Section – C: Communication Ability
- (i) Vocabulary: 10 Questions
- (ii) Business and Computer Terminology: 10 Questions
- (iii) Functional Grammar: 15 Questions
- (iv) Reading Comprehension: 15 Questions
ICET Test Syllabus:-
Section – A: Analytical Ability (75 Questions)
(1) Data Sufficiency (20 Questions):
A question is given followed by data in the form of two statements labeled as i and ii. If the data given in i alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice (1) is the correct answer. If the data given in ii alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice (2) is the correct answer. If both i and ii put together are sufficient to answer the question but neither state¬ment alone is sufficient, then choice (3) is the cor¬rect answer. If both i and ii put together are not suffi¬cient to answer the question and additional data is needed, then choice (4) is the correct answer.
(2) Problem Solving (55 Questions):
- (a) Sequences and Series (25 questions): Analogies of numbers and alphabets, completion of blank spaces following the pattern in a:b::c:d rela¬tionship; odd thing out: missing number in a sequence or a series.
- (b) Data Analysis (10 questions): The data given in a Table, Graph, Bar diagram, Pie Chart, Venn Diagram or a Passage is to be analyzed and the questions pertaining to the data are to be answered.
- (c) Coding and Decoding Problems (10 questions): A code pattern of English Alphabet is given. A given word or a group of letters are to be coded or de¬coded based on the given code or codes.
- (d) Date, Time and Arrangement Problems (10 questions): Calendar problems, clock problems, blood-relationships, arrivals, departures and schedules, seating arrangements, symbol and notation, interpretation.
Section – B: Mathematical Ability (75 Questions)
(a) Arithmetical Ability (35 questions):
- Laws of indices, ratio and proportion;
- surds; num¬bers and divisibility,
- L.C.M. and G.C.D; Rational numbers, Ordering.;
- Percentages; Profit and loss;
- Partnership, Pipes and cisterns, time, distance and work problems, areas and volumes,
- mensuration, modular arithmetic.
(b) Algebraical and Geometrical Ability (30 questions):
- Statements, Truth tables, implication converse and inverse,
- Tautologies-Sets, Relations and functions, applications – Equation of a line in different forms.
Trigonometry – Trigonometric ratios, Trigonometric ratios of standard angles, (0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 90°, 180°):
- Trigonometric identities: sample problems on heights and distances,
- Polynomials; Remainder theorem and consequences; Linear equations and expressions;
- Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Notion of a limit and derivative;
- Plane geometry – lines, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Circles, Coordinate geometry-distance between points.
(c) Statistical Ability (10 questions):
Frequency distributions, Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviations, Correlation, simple problems on Probability.
Section – C: Communication Ability (50 Questions)
Objectives of the Test: Candidates will be assessed on the ability to:-
i) Identify vocabulary used in the day-to-day communication
ii) Understand the functional use of grammar in day-to-day communication as well as in business contexts
iii) Identify the basic terminology and concepts in computer and business contexts (letters, reports, memoranda, agenda, minutes etc.).
iv) Understand written text and drawing inferences
- Part-1: Vocabulary (10 questions)
- Part-2: Business and Computer Terminology (10 questions)
- Part-3: Functional Grammar (15 questions)
- Part-4: Reading Comprehension (15 questions)
Students can check and download the AP ICET Exam Syllabus. And if want to know latest syllabus then go to the Latest Syllabus You will found all upcoming Exam syllabus.