Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE is national level test conducted to test the aptitude and core subject knowledge of a candidate. Every year IISc and the seven IITslike IIT Mumbai, IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur, IIT Roorkee, IIT Madras, IIT Kharagpur and IIT Guwahati. This year GATE 2016 is host by Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore. IISc has issued GATE 2016 notification or information brochure, Eligible Candidates can Apply Online. Get complete details like exam pattern, eligibility, age limit, last date of application form, exam fee, exam date and new features in GATE 2016 here. Check here to Apply Online.
GATE Notification 2016
About GATE : Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is the entrance or admission test to join Post Graduation Courses in Engineering, Technology, and Architecture and Science courses. The GATE score of a candidate reflects a relative performance level in a particular subject. MHRD is the finance Assistant organization for the Institutes which accepts the GATE scores. Several Public Sector Undertakings such as IOCL, NTPC, ONGC and PGI etc use GATE scores for screening.
This year many new features are added in GATE 2016. Following are the new features:
New features in GATE 2016
- GATE 2016 exam is Online (Computer Based Test)
- The GATE 2016 examinations for 23 Papers (Petroleum Engineering added)
- Biometric information (Photograph and Fingerprints) for randomly selected candidates may be captured before the start of the examination
- An online virtual calculator will be available at the time of examination. No physical calculator will be allowed.
- After completion of GATE 2016 exam, all answer keys will be available within a short time.
- The entire GATE 2016 process will be in Online at www.gate.iisc.ernet.in
- Candidates who are currently in the final year or completed B.E/ B,Tech/ B.Pharmacy/ M.Sc/ M.A/MCA from any recognized university.
Candidates can pay the fee through Net Banking, Debit Card or e- Challan.
- Women candidates & SC/ST/PwD category candidates – Rs.750
- All other candidates – Rs.1500.
How To Apply:
Candidates can follow the Following Procedure :
- Log on to www.appsgate.iisc.ernet.in
- Registration: with valid email Id and mobile number and GOAPS password
- GOAPS Enrollment ID: After successful registration one can get Enrollment ID through Mail ID
- Enter the personal information, Address, Eligibility details, College address, GATE paper, Choice Exam centers
- Upload scanned photo, signature, certificates, valid ID proof
- Pay the examination fee
- Enter Net banking details
- GOAPS will allow you to enter data, save partially filled form, log out and resume with ID and password
- Check the Application form before you submit
- Click Confirm and Final Submit.
Important Dates :
|Starting Date Of Online Application||01.09.2015|
|Closing Date Of Online Application||01.10.2015|
|Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of City||20.11.2015|
|Availability of GATE admit cards: from||17.12.2015|
|GATE 2016 Exam date||30 &31.01.2016, 06& 07.02.2016|
|Announcement of GATE 2016 results||19.03.2016|
Click here To Apply Online
Official Website: www.gate.iisc.ernet.in
In case of any queries and suggestions, please contact us using the comment form below. We will try to help you out and solve your queries as soon as possible. For more latest updates keep in touch with our website(4vnu.com)