Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) will conduct online written exam for the recruitment of Apprentice Development Officer (ADO) under various divisions. LIC has just issued notification for the recruitment on 5066 Posts of ADO. A detailed syllabus and latest examination pattern have been described below. Candidates are advised to take a close look on LIC ADO Syllabus and examination pattern to get prepare for the online written test. Also get previous year solved question papers and important books to prepare smartly for your exam. More Information Can be Found On ).
LIC ADO Syllabus-Exam Pattern & Solved Question Papers 2015
- The written exam will be conducted by online mode in specialized computed online examination center.
- The total time duration for written exam will be 2 Hours (120 Minutes).
- It is important to qualify in each subject regardless of over qualification. The Corporation reserves the right to fix the minimum eligibility standard in order to restrict the number of candidates to be called for the On-line Test and/or Interview, commensurate with number of vacancies.
- There will be total 3 papers of 150 Questions carrying one mark each.
|Paper||Test No||Name of Test||No. Of Questions||Max Marks|
|PAPER I||Test I||Reasoning Ability||25||25|
|Test II||Numerical Ability||25||25|
|PAPER II||Test III||GK & Current Affairs||25||25|
|Test IV||English Language||25||25|
|PAPER III||Test V||Insurance and Financial Marketing||50||50|
|Total||150 Questions||150 Marks|
Reasoning :- Focus on Comprehension Reasoning, Venn Diagrams, Number Series, Coding and de-coding, Problem Solving Techniques, Statement & Conclusion type questions, arithmetic reasoning, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series, syllogistic reasoning, Seating Arrangements, Decision Making, Input & Output, Logical Reasoning. Questions form Non Verbal Reasoning may ask in the Exam.
Numerical Ability :- Questions will be asked from Simplification, Number Series, Quadratic Equations Average, Percentage, Time & Work, Area, profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest, Time & Speed, Investment, HCF LCM, Problem On Ages, Bar Graph, Pictorial Graph, Pie Chart. Data Interpretation is the section which have to be focused.
GK & Current Affairs :- Questions will be asked from Indian Current Events, Banking, General Science, General Knowledge. Focus will be mainly on Current affairs of National & International news, Important dates, Current Science, Technology, Sports & Culture & Banking Sector. Questions from Marketing will also be in ample amounts to Test Your Knowledge. Current Affairs (National and International), Major Financial / Economic News, Budget and Five Year Plans, Sports, Books and Authors, Awards and Honors, Science – Inventions and Discoveries, Abbreviations, Important Days, International and National Organizations are some related topics.
English Language :- Special emphasis on Grammar and Vocabulary. Mainly Focus on the topics like Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Error, Sentence correction, fill in the blanks, Sentence Arrangements/ Word Arrangement, Comprehension & Cloze Test nothing can be out of these mentioned Topics etc. Comprehension will be lengthy.
Insurance and Financial Marketing : Insurance and Financial Marketing Awareness with special emphasis on knowledge of Life Insurance and Financial Sector. Questions will be asked from Insurance Sector specially Life Insurance. Marketing Question will be ask from the basics of Marketing Process. Under Insurance Section prepare All about LIC & Latest News related to LIC & Insurance Sector.
Important Books To Prepare:- Here are some most recommended books which are advised by most of the authors to prepare smartly with appropriate time table and step by step preparation for the written exam. These books not only helpful in preparing for the exam but also gives important tips and tricks to crack exam.
- LIC ADO 30 Sets (With Free CD 15 Sets) PWB (English)
- Banking and Financial Awareness: Useful for IBPS Banks PO/MT, IBPS Bank Clerk, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, Insurance and Other Competitive Exams
- Objective English for Competitive Examination
- Made Easy Current Affairs: Annual Issue 2015
Important Tips To Crack Exam:-
- Get Your focus on some of the most important terms used in finance, insurance and banking sectors.
- Always read newspapers specially finance news to brush out your brains with day to day events happenings and knowledge.
- Get all the information about LIC (Company, Management, Investment, Share and stock exchange, history and objectives) which will be surely coming to answer in insurance and Financial Marketing subject.
- If you have enough time for the exam, pick a chapter you are weak in and one that is important from the exam standpoint.
- Or if you do not have enough time, pick a chapter that you are comfortable, have not practiced enough and that is an important chapter.
- Any day give priority to important chapters if you have not revised them or not practiced enough questions on them.
- If exams are just approaching, leave out any new chapters because it will create a lot of stress and anyway you cannot master it enough for the exam.
- There will be negative marking, do not try to attempt to attempt maximum number of questions with best strategy is to answer only those where surety margin is above 70%.
- Try To answer and solve those questions first where you sure about the answer. This will save time to attempt max questions with correct answers.
In case of any help, suggestions, and queries related to LIC ADO Syllabus, Exam Pattern or exam preparations, share your thoughts in the comment section below. We will try to solve your queries with best we can. Best of Luck for your success in exam.