Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Is Going To Conduct The National Defence Academy (NDA) And Aaval Academy (NA) written Examination (II) which is scheduled to be conducted on 27th September, 2015. Check Here The Latest Exam syllabus 2015 And Previous Year Exam Question Papers For The Better Preparation.
NDA 2015 Syllabus And Exam Pattern
The Union Public Service Commission Is Going To Conduct The Upcoming Written Examination II Of NDA ( National Defence Academy) And NA (Aaval Academy) Which Held On 27th September 2015. So all Those Who Take a Part In This Examination Can Check Here The NDA Lates Exam syllabus And Pattern For The Better Preparation or Scoring Good Marks in This Upcoming Examination. Here we are providing the complete Upsc NDA Syllabus for the Aspirants who are preparing for the UPSC NDA/NA Exam.
Examination Conduct By: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Name Of The Exam: NDA & NA Exam-(II)
Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in
Date Of Examination Held On 27th September 2015
About Exam: UPSC will conduct NDA & NA (II) 2015 written exam on 27 September, 2015 around the country in more than 42 examination centers. Likewise every year, more than 5 lack students are expected to appear in this exam. There are totally 375 posts vacant this year. 320 for the National Defence Academy ,208 for the Army, 70 for the Air Force, 42 for the Navy) and 55 posts for the Indian Naval Academy.
|Written Exam (Paper 1 & 2)||Subjects||Max. Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper-1||Mathematics||300 Marks||2 hours, 30 Min|
|Paper-2||General Ability Test||600 Marks||2 hours, 30 mins|
UPSC NDA Syllabus for Part A – English:
- Grammar and usage, vocabulary
- Comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
UPSC NDA Syllabus for Part B – General Knowledge:
- Physics, Chemistry
- General Science
- Social Studies
- Geography and Current Events.
UPSC NDA Syllabus for Section A: Physics
- Physical Properties and States of Matter, Mass
- Weight, Volume, Density and Specific Gravity
- Principle of Archimedes, Pressure Barometer.
- Motion of objects, Velocity and Acceleration
- Newton’s Laws of Motion, Force and Momentum
- Parallelogram of Forces, Stability and Equilibrium of bodies
- Gravitation, elementary ideas of work, Power and Energy.
- Effects of Heat, Measurement of temperature and heat
- Change of State and Latent Heat, Modes of transference of Heat.
- Sound waves and their properties, Simple musical instruments.
- Rectilinear propagation of Light, Reflection and refraction.
- Spherical mirrors and Lenses. Human Eye.
- Natural and Artificial Magnets, Properties of a Magnet, Earth as a Magnet.
- Static and Current Electricity, conductors and Non-conductors, Ohm’s Law, Simple Electrical Circuits, Heating, Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current, Measurement of Electrical Power, Primary and Secondary Cells, Use of X-Rays.
- Simple Pendulum, Simple Pulleys, Siphon, Levers, Balloon, Pumps, Hydrometer, Pressure Cooker, Thermos Flask, Gramophone, Telegraphs, Telephone, Periscope, Telescope, Microscope, Mariner’s Compass; Lightening Conductors, Safety Fuses.
UPSC NDA Syllabus for Section B: Chemistry:
- Physical and Chemical changes.
- Elements, Mixtures and Compounds, Symbols
- Formulae and simple Chemical Equations
- Law of Chemical Combination ( excluding problems ).
- Properties of Air and Water.
- Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen
- Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbondioxide, Oxidation and Reduction.
- Acids, bases and salts.
- Carbon – different forms.
- Fertilizers – Natural and Artificial
- Material used in the preparation of substances like soap, Glass, Ink, Paper, Cement, Paints, Safety Matches, and Gun-Powder.
- Elementary ideas about the Structure of Atom, Atomic, Equivalent and Molecular Weights, Valency.
UPSC NDA Syllabus for Section C: General Science:
- Difference between the living and non-living.
- Basis of Life – Cells, Protoplasms and Tissues.
- Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals.
- Elementary knowledge of human Body and its important organs.
- Common Epidemics, their causes and prevention.
- Food – Source of Energy for man. Constituents of food, Balanced Diet.
- The Solar System – Meteors and Comets, Eclipses.
- Achievements of Eminent Scientists.
UPSC NDA Syllabus for Section D: History, Freedom Movement, etc:
- A broad survey of Indian History, with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation.
- Freedom Movement in India.
- Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration.
- Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India.
- Panchayati Raj, Co-operatives and Community Development.
- Bhoodan, Sarvodaya, National Integration and Welfare State, Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Forces shaping the modern world; Renaissance, Exploration and Discovery; War of American Independence. French Revolution, Industrial Revolution and Russian Revolution.
- Impact of Science and Technology on Society.
- Concept of one World, United Nations, Panchsheel, Democracy.
- Socialism and Communism. Role of India in the present world.
UPSC NDA Syllabus for Section E: Geography:
- The Earth, its shape and size. Lattitudes and Longitudes, Concept of time.
- International Date Line. Movements of Earth and their effects.
- Origin of Earth. Rocks and their classification; Weathering – Mechanical and Chemical, Earthquakes and volcanoes.
- Ocean Currents and Tides
- Atmosphere and its composition; Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure, Planetary Winds, cyclones and Anti-cyclones; Humidity; Condensation and Precipitation; Types of Climate.
- Major Natural regions of the World.
- Regional Geography of India – Climate, Natural vegetation.
- Mineral and Power resources; location and distribution of agricultural and industrial activities.
- Important Sea ports and main sea, land and air routes of India.
- Main items of Imports and Exports of India.
UPSC NDA Syllabus for Section F: Current Events:
- Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in the recent years.
- Current important world events.
- Prominent personalities – both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports.
UPSC NDA Syllabus for Intelligence and Personality Test:
- In addition to the interview, the candidates will be put to Intelligence Tests both verbal and non-verbal, designed to assess their basic intelligence.
- They will also be put to Group Tests such as group discussions, group planning, outdoor group tasks, and asked to give brief lectures on specified subjects.
- All these tests are intended to judge the mental calibre of a candidate.
- In broad terms, this is really an assessment of not only his intellectual qualities but also his social traits and interests in current affairs.
Important Books To Prepare:– Here are some most recommended books which are advised by most of the authors to prepare smartly with appropriate time table and step by step preparation for the written exam. These books not only helpful in preparing for the exam but also gives important tips and tricks to crack exam.
NDA/ NA Topic-wise Solved Papers (2006-2013)