Odisha Sub-Ordinate Staff Selection Commission OSSSC has issued notification for the recruitment of revenue Inspector. Candidates who had or going to applied for this Post, Can Check here the Latest Syllabus & Exam Pattern. Check here OSSSC Revenue Inspector Syllabus 2015.
OSSSC Revenue Inspector Syllabus 2015
OSSSC (Odisha Sub-Ordinate Staff Selection Commission) has invited applications from the interested and eligible candidates from all over the country for filling up the various vacant posts of Revenue Inspector & AMIN. Exam of this Post may be conducted in the Upcoming months. As Now a days competition is on its peak so you have to prepare in best possible way , We here provide you the latest syllabus & Exam pattern which will help you in preparation so that you can crack your exam.
1. Physical Fitness Test
2. Written Test
Physical Fitness Test:
If “Male” Must not be less than 60 centimeters (155 centimeters in case of SC/ST candidates) in height and 80 centimeters round the chest
- If a woman, must not be less than 150 centimeters (145 centimeters in case of SC/ST candidates) in height; and
- Must be knowing cycling and swimming.
- The written test will be multiple choice objective type.
- Total number of written test for 350 Marks for the post of R.I. and 250 Marks for the post of ARI and Amin.
- The standard of examination shall be equivalent to that of Secondary School.
- A candidate has to score minimum 30% marks in each subject both in written practical tests to qualify.
- The lists of qualified candidates drawn up in order of merit on the basis of the performance in the written and computer tests shall be equal to the number of vacancies advertised.
|I||General Knowledge (For R.I. only)||100||1.5 hours|
|III||Basic Computer Skills||50||1.0 hour|
|IV||Handwriting in Odia||50||1.0 hour|
I. General knowledge
In this category, there should be a series of matching questions of different categories like:
- Matching Historical events with dates, personalities and places,
- Geographical facts with places,
- States, Countries and institutions with headquarters.
- Books and authors,
- Scientific facts and discoveries with dates, persons and uses,
- Current events with places and personalities, and,
- Matching questions of miscellaneous type
- Number System
- HCF and LCM
- Squares and Square Roots
- Cubes and Cube Roots
- Percentage and Averages
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Ratio and Proportion
III. Basic Computer Skills
- MS Windows: Introduction of Windows
- MS Office: MS Word, MS Power Point and MS Excel
(a) Grammar ……………………………20 Marks
(b) Composition ……………………………20 Marks
- Essay writing on familiar topics (within 250 words) ……………………………10 Marks
- Letter Writing (Personal letter, Applications, Business or Official) (within 150 words) ……………………………5 Marks
- Translation (One English passage of around 100 words to be translated into Odia) ……………………………5 Marks
(c) Comprehension of an unseen prose passage ……………………………(5 x 2) = 10 marks
Five short questions to be asked.
V.Practical Skill Test – 50 marks
i. WINDOWS operating system: *To test some of the following basic system operations on file/folder(s):
- Create, Rename, Copy/Cut/Paste, Delete
ii. MS Word: *A Paragraph in MS Word incorporating some of the tools given below:
- Editing and formatting text and paragraph
- Page and Paragraph Setup
iii. MS Power Point: *A Power Point presentation with 2/3 slides using the tools given below:
- Editing and formatting slides
iv. MS Excel: *A problem in spreadsheet related to some of the tools given below:
- Formatting cells and data
Important Books To Prepare:- Here are some most recommended books which are advised by most of the authors to prepare smartly with appropriate time table and step by step preparation for the written exam. These books not only helpful in preparing for the exam but also gives important tips and tricks to crack exam.
- BK’s Odisha Objective General Knowledge (For All Competitive Exams OPSC, OSSC, ASO, RAILWAYS)
- General Knowledge 2016
- Teacher of Airthmetic
- Objective Computer Awareness
- COMPUTER BASICS
Official Website: www.osssc.gov.in
In case Of any Feedback, Suggestions or any other query you can leave your respective comments by using the comment form below. Our Panel will try to solve your query as soon as possible. Keep Yourself Updated by stay connected with us.