Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) Officer Syllabus 2015. RPSC Agriculture Exam Pattern & Syllabus. RPSC Agriculture Officer written Exam RPSC AO Exam Previous question paper RPSC AO Paper-I & Paper-II exam syllabus.
RPSC Agriculture Officer Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) is going to conduct Written Exam for Agriculture Officer. Here we are providing the Exam Pattern and Syllabus so that every candidate can prepare according to the exam pattern and can maximize their performance. It will help you to improve your performation. So here is the detailed exam pattern & syllabus for RPSC Agriculture Officer Exam.
Exam Pattern :- There will be two consecutive paper (1) first paper consist of two parts General Hindi and General Knowledge, History & Culture of Rajasthan . Each part consist of 60 questions total of 120 questions and each question carrying 3 marks total of both parts marks 360. (2) Agriculture it also consist of 120 question carrying 3 marks for each question total marks 360.
|Paper-I||1. General Hindi
2. General Knowledge, History & Culture of Rajasthan
Syllabus :- The syllabus of papers are given bellow in details
- General Hindi :- Tatsam & Tadbhav, Sandhi, Samas, Ras, Paryaywachi, Lokokti and Muhavre, Ling, Vachan, Kaarak, Kaal, Beloom, Anekarthi Shabd, Alankar.
- General Knowledge, History & Culture Of Rajasthan :- Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to Rajasthan especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline. This is topic is huge so applicants are advised to go through Newspaper daily and read good GK books and other notes.
Paper-II :- Agriculture
- Agro-climatic zones of India and Rajasthan. Elements of crop production and effect on plant growth. Weather and climate, weather forecasting, aerospace and remote sensing in India. Modern concepts in crop production, precision farming. Plant nutrients – functions and
deficiency symptoms, sources and their application, soil reaction , interaction, soil-plant –water relationship, organic manures, fertilizers and bio-fertilizers, integrated nutrient management. Soil fertility, soil productivity and management. Water-management: water requirement, irrigation scheduling and efficiency, pressurized irrigation system.
- Dry land farming – role in economy, aridity and their characteristics, constraints in dry
farming areas, moisture conservation practices in dryland farming. Role of agro-forestry in
soil and water conservation, silviculture, compatibility of crops, problems of seed germination
etc. Appraisal of economics of farm forestry. Agronomy of important crops – cereals, pulses,
oilseeds, fibre crops, forage crops, sugarcane, sugarbeet, potato, seed spices, isabgol etc.
Recommended varieties of important crops of Rajasthan.
- Soil classification and soil survey, profile development, land capability classification, soil
taxonomy, soils of Rajasthan. Soil physics-physical properties, moisture, air temperature. Physical chemistry of soil-colloids, soil reactions, buffering capacity, sources of charges and ion exchange. Soil microbiology- soil microbs, organic matter, humus fractions, structure, formation, C/N ratio, symbiotic and non-symbiotic nitrogen fixation. Transformation and mineralization of phosphorus, potassium, nitrogen and sulphur in soil. Straight fertilizers, mixed and compound fertilizers, Secondary nutrients, micronutrients and liquid fertilizer. Fertilizer control order and adulteration.
- Olericulture – classification of vegetables, nursery, transplanting, seed testing and storage,
cultivation practice of cauliflower, cabbage, tomato, chillies, brinjal, carrot, radish, onion, pea,
okra, muskmelon, watermelon and sweet potato. Different styles of gardening, indoor gardening.
Lawn & hedge – layout, care and maintenance, annual flowers, cultivation of major cut flowers
like rose, gladiolus, tuberose and chrysanthemum. Pomology – layout of orchards, propagation methods, cultivation of mango, citrus, banana, guava, pomegranate, grapes, papaya, ber, phalsa, aonla, datepalm, Post harvest losses and principles of fruits and vegetable preservation, dehydration, jam, jelly, canning.
- Insect pests spectrum in Rajasthan. Assessment of crop losses and their implication in pest
management. Management of insects and pests. Insecticide application, hazards and safety
precautions, insecticide formulations and their dilutions. Detection of insect infestation in stored products and their management. Community campaign for white grub and other polyphagus pests management. Rat control, management of ticks, mites and house hold pests. Integrated pest and disease management. Insecticidal pollution, residues and tolerance limit. Role and importance of fungi, nematodes, viroids, phytoplasma, bacteria, virus and other micro-organisms in agriculture. Binomial nomenclature, morphology and reproduction of fungi.
- Limnology- water science, physico chemical and biological properties of water,
lake-ecosystem, water pollution and various types of water bodies. Fish morphology and anatomy, osmoregulation, respiration in fish. Different types of aquaculture systems and type of fisheries.
- Peculiarities of Indian Agriculture, place of agriculture in Indian economy, five year plans,
consumer behavour, demand, supply, demand schedule and supply schedule, market equilibrium, elasticity. Principles of farm management. Agriculture marketing, marketing functions and institutions, WTO, contract farming, future market. Prices of agricultural commodities. Agricultural finance and credit, credit institutions, cooperative Banks, crop insurance. Agricultural development and poverty alleviation programmes. Linear programming, agricultural production functions- characteristics and optimizations.
- Meaning and definition of extension education, philosophy of extension, process of extension
education, basic concepts in extension (need, knowledge, attitude, skill, behavior, objectives, rural leadership and motivation). Need assessment, bench mark survey and PRA technique. Rural social institutions, caste, family and social groups. History and present programmes of extension in India specially Shriniketan, Marthandom, Gurgaon experiment, Nilokheri project, Etawah pilot project, CDP, Panchayati Raj, NES, IVLP, IRDP, T&V system, Lab to Land, ATIC, KVK, NATP, RKVY, ATMA, MNREGA, ICDS, NDS, HYVP, IAAP, SGSY, JRY and PMRY with reference to their year of start, objectives, activities, achievement and failure. Teaching- learning process, teaching methods, use of audio-visual aids in training & communication process. Programme planning & evaluation, impact assessment.
- Classification of data, measures of central tendency, measures of dispersion, Karl Pearson’s measures of correlation coefficient, linear regression, test of significance, large sample test and small sample tests- ‘t’, chi-square, F test. Theory of probability- addition and multiplication laws for two events. General principles of designs of experiment- CRD, RBD, LSD and factorial experiment. Concept of sampling- simple random sampling, stratified random sampling and systematic sampling.
- Scope of farm mechanization in India. Common workshop tools, survey instruments, bullock drawn implements, implements for field preparation, land leveling and sowing. Measures of irrigation water, water lifting devices.
- Definition, classification and functions of carbohydrates, lipids, proteins and amino acids. Enzymes– their classes, factors affecting activity, enzymes inhibition, active site and enzyme cofactors. Nucleotides, nucleic acids, their types and structure, transcription, translation and DNA replication. Carbohydrate metabolism – Glycolysis, Kreb’s cycle, Glyoxalate pathway. Oxidation of fatty acids and their synthesis. Vitamins, their types and functions.
Important Books To Prepare:- Here are some most recommended books which are advised by most of the authors to prepare smartly with appropriate time table and step by step preparation for the written exam. These books not only helpful in preparing for the exam but also gives important tips and tricks to crack exam.
- Objective Hindi
- Vastunishth Hindi: Sahitya & Vyakaran (Objective Hindi): Sahitya and Vyakaran
- Objective Economics (Hindi) (OBJECTIVE QUESTIONS SERIES)
- Rajasthan General Knowledge – At a Glance
- Rajasthan Samanya Gyan (GK)
- Rajasthan Civil Services: Specially designed for Rajasthan Civil Services Exams covering complete Rajasthan GK(culture, geography, history, infra, language,economy + Latest Current Affairs)
- Objective Agriculture Includes Previous Years Questions Of ARS Exam 16th Edition
Official website :- http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/
For more information stay in touch with us bookmark our website or visit http://4vnu.com/. More updates will be posted here soon.