Get SBI PO Exam Syllabus, Examination Pattern and Scheme to prepare for the SBI Probationary Written Examination 2017. State Bank of India (SBI) will conduct a written exam for the PO post on all India level. Get all details about exam syllabus, selection process and pattern to be followed in the written test.
About the Exam:- State Bank Of India (SBI) has invited applications for Probationary Officers (PO) Tier-1 under its current job opening 2017. A Total 2313 Posts have be projected to be filled by PO written exam recruitment process in 2017. Candidates who have completed their graduation can apply online now for SBI PO recruitment 2016.
SBI PO Exam Syllabus 2015
SBI PO Pre Exam Pattern
PHASE I – EXAM
|Name of Subject||Total Number of Questions||Total Number of Max Marks|
- It will be of Qualifying Nature & consists of Total 100 Marks & Consists of 100 Questions.
- Total Time Duration for Screening Test is 1 Hour (60 Minutes)
SBI PO Main Exam Pattern
PHASE II – EXAM
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|3||General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|4||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
The Total Duration of the Exam will be 3 Hour.
- All questions will be multiple type questions.
- Each Ques carry 1 mark each and contain only one right answer out of possible 4 options.
- Wrong answer will leads to negative marking of 0.25 Marks.
- Online Written exam for Probationary Officer will be consisted of 200 marks.
Descriptive Test :- The Descriptive Test will be of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks will be a Test of English Language.
NOTE :- Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive test by typing on the computer. Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
SBI PO SYLLABUS PRE & MAINS EXAM
PRELIMINARY EXAM :- Level of Questions to be asked from English, Reasoning & Quantitative Aptitude will be Easy as compared to the Main Exam. Exam Syllabus is same as like Bank Exam or IBPS Exam. As SBI has already announce that 20 Times Candidates will be called for Main Exam. So Questions may be ask of SBI Clerk Level in the Pre Exam or much high level but not like PO Exam.
MAIN EXAM :- SBI PO Main Exam will be usual like Last Years PO Exam. Level of Difficulty will be high. There will be more Time Taking Questions. Reasoning will be be of High Level as it come in SBI PO Exam. So only Full Preparation & Practice will be needed as there are 2393 Posts & lacs of Applicants will apply.
Reasoning:- Focus on Comprehension Reasoning, Venn Diagrams, Number Series, Coding and de-coding, Problem Solving Techniques, Statement & Conclusion type questions, arithmetic reasoning, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series, syllogistic reasoning, Seating Arrangements, Decision Making, Input & Output, Logical Reasoning. Questions form Non Verbal Reasoning may ask in the Exam.
English Language:- Mainly Focus on the topics like Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Error, Sentence correction, fill in the blanks, Sentence Arrangements/ Word Arrangement, Comprehension & Cloze Test nothing can be out of these mentioned Topics etc. Comprehension will be lengthy.
DI & Quantitative Aptitude:- Questions will be asked from Simplification, Number Series, Quadratic Equations Average, Percentage, Time & Work, Area, profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest, Time & Speed, Investment, HCF LCM, Problem On Ages, Bar Graph, Pictorial Graph, Pie Chart. Data Interpretation is the section which have to be focused.
General Awareness:– Questions will be asked from Indian Current Events, Banking, General Science, General Knowledge. Focus will be mainly on Current affairs of National & International news, Important dates, Current Science, Technology, Sports & Culture & Banking Sector. Questions from Marketing will also be in ample amounts to Test Your Knowledge. Important Topics of SBI PO General Awareness are :
- Current Affairs (National and International)
- Major Financial / Economic News
- Budget and Five Year Plans
- Books and Authors
- Awards and Honors
- Science – Inventions and Discoveries
- Important Days
- International and National Organizations are some related topics
Computer Awareness:- Basic of Computers, Computer Organization, Generations of computer, Input & Output Device, Shortcuts & Basic knowledge MS word, MS Excel, MS power point, Memory Orientation, Internet, LAN, WAN, Modem, Computer Abbreviations, Modern day Technology. Remember short cut Tricks of MS Word, MS Excel & Computer Abbreviations.
Descriptive Test:– This Test will be of Qualifying Type & will be Test of English Language. Questions will be ask from Essay writing, précis writing and Letter writing. For Descriptive Test Focus on the Current News of Finance Sector, National Issues, Recent Government Scheme & Editorials from the leading English Newspaper like The Hindu.
Important Books To Prepare:- Here are some most recommended books which are advised by most of the authors to prepare smartly with appropriate time table and step by step preparation for the written exam. These books not only helpful in preparing for the exam but also gives important tips and tricks to crack exam.
- SBI PO Phase 1: Preliminary Examination Study Guide 2015
- SBI Probationary Officer 2015: Phase I & II (As per new pattern) (New Edition)
- SBI: Probationary Officers-Previous Years Papers (Solved): PO Previous Papers (Solved)
- Comprehensive Guide to SBI Bank PO Exam
- Comprehensive Guide to SBI & Associates Bank PO Exam
Important Tips To Crack Exam:-
- Get Your focus on some of the most important terms used in finance, insurance and banking sectors.
- Always read newspapers specially finance news to brush out your brains with day to day events happenings and knowledge.
- Get all the information about LIC (Company, Management, Investment, Share and stock exchange, history and objectives) which will be surely coming to answer in insurance and Financial Marketing subject.
- If you have enough time for the exam, pick a chapter you are weak in and one that is important from the exam standpoint.
- Or if you do not have enough time, pick a chapter that you are comfortable, have not practiced enough and that is an important chapter.
- Any day give priority to important chapters if you have not revised them or not practiced enough questions on them.
- If exams are just approaching, leave out any new chapters because it will create a lot of stress and anyway you cannot master it enough for the exam.
- There will be negative marking, do not try to attempt to attempt maximum number of questions with best strategy is to answer only those where surety margin is above 70%.
- Try To answer and solve those questions first where you sure about the answer. This will save time to attempt max questions with correct answers.
For More Details Please Visit:- https://www.sbi.co.in