Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will be going to conduct descriptive test under combined higher secondary exam 2015. The SSC 10+2 descriptive examination pattern as been provided below along with exam pattern to be followed for SSC CHSL exam which is scheduled to be conducted on 11th May, 2015. Students who have qualified in prelim exam and now preparing for descriptive test are advised to take a close look on examination syllabus and SSC CHSL (10+2) LDC / DEO exam pattern. The descriptive test lower division clerk and data entry operator will be same and question paper will be provided on no difference basis.
Latest Update 3, May, 2015:- SSC CHSL Descriptive Test Instructions have been issued to clear all doubts of the candidates who are going to attend this examination. Kindly check out the link mentioned below to see instructions for the candidates to attempt and solve questions in descriptive test.
SSC CHSL Descriptive Test Syllabus-Pattern 2015
|Name of Subject||Max Marks|
|(A) English Language (including Essay and Letter Writing)||50|
|(B) General Intelligence and Reasoning||50|
|(C) Quantitative Aptitude||50|
|(D) General Awareness||50|
- The question paper will be divided in 4 parts.
- Each part carries max. 50 marks.
- There will be no objective type questions and all questions should be solved on answer sheet in the general descriptive way.
- The whole test will consists 200 max marks.
- The total time duration will be 2:00 Hrs. (120 Mins)
Descriptive Test Syllabus:
Ques:- What is Descriptive Test?
Ans:- Descriptive Test will consist of English Language Comprehension, Short Précis, Letter Writing & Essay). some topics which may be relevant for SSC Exam.
Topics Covered Under English Language:- Precis Writing, How to Write a Farewell Letter to Your Co-Workers, Job Interview Thank You Letters, Requesting a Letter of Recommendation, Writing a Resignation letter, Writing Invitation Letter, Writing Letter Of Appeal, Writing an Apology Letter, Complaint Letter, Business Letter Writing, basic and current events essay topics.
Topics Covered Under General Intelligence and Reasoning:- Semantic Analogy, Semantic Series, Number Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Space Orientation, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Figure Classification, Coding and de-coding, Social Intelligence, Symbolic operations, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations. Focus will be on Comprehension type Reasoning like Syllogism and Seating Arrangements, Inequalities,
Topics Covered Under Quantitative Aptitude:- Data Interpretation, Permutation Combination & Probability, Sequence & Series, Quadratic Equations, Simplification, Number System, Ratio , Proportion Percentage & Averages, Profit & Loss , Work & Time, Time & Distance, Mixtures and Aligations, Simple Interest , Compound Interest , Surds , Indices, Mensuration- Cylinder Cone Sphere.
Topics Covered Under General Awareness:- Current Affairs and specially reference to happenings and latest events in India. and the topics are from Indian Economy, International Economy, UNO, Marketing, Awards & Honors Sports, Finance, Agriculture etc. Try to get more focus on current affairs of last 6 months, countries / currencies, Books & Their Authors.
Tips To Score Maximum in Descriptive Test:-
- Try to get more precise in your answers and don’t write anything irrelevant.
- Try to solve essay . letters first as they can take your max time. Then approach for other sections.
- If your English writing skills are not good, then leave this part and make good score in other sections.
- In numerical questions, don’t worry about wright answer. Just follow the steps correctly while solving and you will get some marks, no matter your answer is wright or wrong.
- Don’t go for whole paper, just focus on what you have on your strong zone. Attempt those questions first where you sure about right answer and leave the rest of doubtful questions to save time.