Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) had issued Notification 2015 for the Recruitment of LDC, DEO. Candidates who are preparing for this Exam a& are in search of Latest Exam Pattern & Syllabus. We are here providing you latest Syllabus & Exam Pattern. Check here for Syllabus of SSC CHSL 2015.
SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus 2015
SSC had invited application for the posts of Lower Division Clerk LDC or Data Entry Operator DEO in various Govt. Ministries & Subordinate offices and this year Postal/Sorting Assistants also. Following are the Syllabus & exam pattern Of SSC CHSL 2015.
The proposal for online examination is under consideration of the Government of India and if approved examination may be held on-line. The Commission reserves the right to introduce additional stage of examination which would be notified at suitable time, if considered necessary.
Exam Date of SSC CHSL 2015
Exam will be conducted on three SUNDAYS of the month of November, 2015 on the following dates:
- 1st Meeting- 10.00 A.M. to 12.00 Noon
- 2nd Meeting- 02:00 PM to 04:00 PM
|Name of Subject||Max Marks|
|(A) English Language (including Essay and Letter Writing)||50|
|(B) General Intelligence and Reasoning||50|
|(C) Quantitative Aptitude||50|
|(D) General Awareness||50|
- Written exam consist of one objective type paper of 200 Marks.
- The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Section 1, 3 & 4.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Total Time Duration for this exam is 2 Hours (120 minutes). However 40 minutes additional for VH candidates.
- There will be a Typing Test of qualifying nature for written test qualified candidates.
General Intelligence: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidates’ abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
General Knowledge: Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution and Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline. This is topic is huge so applicants are advised to go through Newspaper daily and read good GK books and other notes.
English Language: Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting Mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
Quantitative Aptitude (Arithmetic): Questions will be ask from following topics:-
Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallel epiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances.
Statistical Charts : Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator
Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
- The ‘Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on Computer’ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/key depressions as per the given passage and the duration of the said Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer.
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant and LDCs
- Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute and those opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
- 35 w.p.m. and 30 w.p.m. corresponds to 10500 key depressions per hour and 9000 key depressions per hour respectively.
Important Books To Prepare: Here are some most recommended books which are advised by most of the authors to prepare smartly with appropriate time table and step by step preparation for the written exam. These books not only helpful in preparing for the exam but also gives important tips and tricks to crack exam.
- SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Guide for DEO & LDC 1st & 2nd Stage Descriptive Paper
- SSC CHSL 10+2 Level Exam Combined Higher Secondary Data Entry Operator and LowerDivision Clerk Exam: Self Study Guide – Cum Practice Work Book
- SSC CHSL Question Bank for Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Exams Clerk Grade (LDC): Data Entry Operator Stenographer ‘C’ and ‘D’ and Analogous Posts
- SSC Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Data Entry Operator and Lower Division Clerk (LDC) Examination
- SSC (10+2) Level: Postal Assistant, Sorting Assistant, DEO, LDC Previous Years Papers and Practice Test Papers (Solved) (Popular Master Guide)
- Superfast Practice Sets for SSC CHSL 10+2 Higher Secondary Level Data Entry Operator (DEO) and Lower Division Clerk (LDC) Exam
- SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2 CHSL) Guide for DEO & LDC
Official Website: www.ssc.nic.in
In case of any queries and suggestions, please contact us using the comment form below. We will try to help you out and solve your queries as soon as possible. For more latest updates keep in touch with our website(4vnu.com)