Staff Selection Commission (SSC) had issued Notification for the Recruitment of 62390 Constable (GD) Exam of which will be Conduct 05 August 2017. Get Latest Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2015 of Constable (GD) here. Stay here to Check Latest Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2017. Candidates can now also download the Model Paper from the link given below.
SSC Constable (GD) Syllabus 2017
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will conduct an open examination for recruitment to 62390 posts of Constable (GD) in BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, SSB, NIA and SSF etc. Under this recruitment process, candidates who applied will go through various tests. Following Latest Syllabus, Exam Pattern & Model Test Papers helps you to Crack the Exams.
Procedure of Examination
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Written Examination
- Medical Examination
PHYSICAL STANDARD TEST (PST)
Physical standards laid down for the post of Constable are –
a) Height :
For Males : 170 cms.
For Females : 157 cms.
b) Chest :
For males only:
– Expanded : 80 cms.
– Expanded : Min expansion 5 cms.
c) Weight : For males and Females : Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards.
PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TEST (PET)
|For Male||For Female|
|Race||5 Kms in 24 Minutes||1.6 Kms in 8½ Minutes|
For Ladakh Region :
|For Male||For Female|
|Race||1 Mile in 6½ Minutes||800 Meters in 4 Minutes|
The Commission will conduct written examination of candidates qualified in PST/PET in both Online and Off-line mode.
- The written exam will be multiple choice objective type.
- Candidates have to choose one correct answer from given four answers (A, B, C, D) for one particular question.
- The written examination will consist of one objective type paper containing 100 questions carrying 100 marks.
- The time duration will be allowed of 02:00 hours (120 minutes).
- The questions in all the components will be of Matriculation level.
|Part||Subject||No. of Ques.||Marks|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
|B||General Knowledge & General Awareness||25||25|
General Intelligence & Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidates’ abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
General Knowledge and General Awareness: Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution and Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline. This is topic is huge so applicants are advised to go through Newspaper daily and read good GK books and other notes.
Elementary Mathematics : This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
ENGLISH : Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/Detecting Mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
HINDI : Tatsam & Tadbhav, Sandhi, Samas, Ras, Paryaywachi, Lokokti and Muhavre, Ling, Vachan, Kaarak, Kaal, Beloom, Anekarthi Shabd, Alankar.वर्तनी की सामान्य अशुद्धियाँ तथा शब्दों के शब्द रूप, शब्दों के स्त्रीलिंग, बहुवचन, किसी वाक्य को अन्य लिंग में परिवर्तन, मुहावरा व उनका अर्थ, अशुद्ध वाक्यों के शुद्ध रूप I
| Visual Acuity Unaided
| Uncorrected Visual Acuity
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
|N6||N9||6/6||6/9||Visual Correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses.||CP-III BY ISIHARA|| – In right handed person, the right eye is better eye and vice-versa.
– Binocular vision is required.
- Candidates must be free from knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein and squint in eyes. They have good mental and physical health for duties in all places including in high altitude and have to be fit to serve in border areas with extreme climatic conditions and must be free from any defect so that it will not be a hindrance during duty.
- Candidates who have scored above the cut off marks fixed by the Commission in Written Examination, only those will be required to appear in the Medical Examination. Commission is free to fix different qualifying standards for candidates belonging to different categories in different states/UTs, taking into consideration vacancies allotted to each State/UT.
- The selected candidates will be medically examined by the medical boards constituted by the CAPFs to assess their physical and medical fitness as prescribed in the eligibility conditions. Candidates who doesn’t have domicile certificate will not be allowed to appear for medical examination.
- X-Ray & laboratory will be conducted only for such candidates who will found fit after passing all the Test level.
- In case of medical examination, “temporary unfitness” will not be allowed.
- If any female candidate who is pregnant of twelve weeks standing or above during the medical examination shall be declared temporarily unfit and her medical examination held in abeyance until the confinement is over.
- Candidates who declared unfit by the medical boards may file an appeal/representation to the designated authority in the CAPFs within 15 days of declaring him/her unfit by the medical board.
- All Testimonials of the candidates will be checked at the medical examination stage.
Important Books To Prepare: Here are some most recommended books which are advised by most of the authors to prepare smartly with appropriate time table and step by step preparation for the written exam. These books not only helpful in preparing for the exam but also gives important tips and tricks to crack exam.
- SSC: Constable (GD) CAPFs (ITBPF/CISF/CRPF/BSF/SSB), NIA, SSF & Rifleman (Assam Rifles) (Hindi): Constable (GD) CAPFs (ITBPF/CISF/CRPF/BSF/SSB), NIA, … (Assam Rifles) (Popular Master Guide)
- SSC Constable (GD) Bharti Pariksha
- SSC Constable (GD) (BSF/CISF/CRPF/SSB/ITBP/NIA/SSF/Assam Rifles) 2015
- SSC Constable Recruitment Exam 2015
- SSC Constable (GD) in ITBPF/CISF/CRPF/BSF/SSB/Rifleman (ASSAM RIFLES) Exam Guide: Recruitment Exam (Popular Master Guide)
- SSC Constable (G.D.) Recruitment Exam Practice Sets
Official Website: www.ssc.nic.in
In case of any queries and suggestions, please contact us using the comment form below. We will try to help you out and solve your queries as soon as possible. For more latest updates keep in touch with our website(4vnu.com).