Staff Selection Commission SSC will hold an All India Open Competitive Examination Stenographer Recruitment 2015 of Group C & D Candidates who are preparing for the Recruitment of SSC Stenographer 2015, can get the stenographer Syllabus here.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2015
SSC is going to conduct Stenographer exam in the month of December 2015. Candidates who had applied for this post must have to know the Latest Syllabus & Exam pattern of it. As Now a days competition is on its peak so you have to prepare in best possible way , We here provide you the latest syllabus & Exam pattern which will help you to crack your SSC Stenographer exam.
Date Of Exam: 27/12/2015
Following are the Syllabus & Exam pattern of SSC Stenographer:
- Written exam will consist of one objective paper.
- There are total 3 parts in the written examination.
- Total time duration of the exam is 2 Hours and 2 hours 40 minutes for visually handicapped candidates.
- Question except in Part-III will be in both English & Hindi Language.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Candidates who qualified the written exam will be called up for Skill Test on computer.
|Part||Subject||Total Questions||Maximum marks|
|Part-I||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
|Part-III||English Language & Comprehension||100||100|
General Intelligence: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidates’ abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
General Knowledge: Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution and Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline. This is topic is huge so applicants are advised to go through Newspaper daily and read good GK books and other notes.
English Language & Comprehension: In addition to the testing of candidates’ understanding of the English, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. his/her writing ability, would also be tested.
Skill Test in Stenography
- The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English/Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’
- 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’.
- The matter will have to be transcribed on computer only.
- The evaluation of transcription will be done electronically only.
The transcription time is as follows:-
- For Stenographer Grade ‘D’:
50 minutes (English)
65 minutes (Hindi)
- For Stenographer Grade ‘C’:
40 minutes (English)
55 Minutes (Hindi)
Important Books To Prepare: Here are some most recommended books which are advised by most of the authors to prepare smartly with appropriate time table and step by step preparation for the written exam. These books not only helpful in preparing for the exam but also gives important tips and tricks to crack exam.
- SSC CHSL Question Bank for Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Exams Clerk Grade (LDC): Data Entry Operator Stenographer ‘C’ and ‘D’ and Analogous Posts
- SSC 10+2 Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’ Practice Work Book
- 20 Practice Sets SSC Stenographer (Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’) Bharti Pariksha
Study Guide (SSC Stenographer Grade C & D)
- SSC – Stenographers Examination (Grade C & D) (Hindi) (SSC – Stenographers Examination (Grade C & D) (Hindi))
- Study Guide (SSC Stenographer GRADE C & D) 2015
Official Website: www.ssc.nic.in
Candidates are advised to stay in touch with SSC official website or you can also stay connected with us for Latest updates. Any Feedback, suggestion or any query are highly welcomed we will try to answer your query as soon as possible.