Union Public Service Commission UPSC is going to conduct Civil Services IAS & forest Services in the upcoming dates After the declaration of Pre Exam Result. Candidates who will cleared the Pre Exam are eligible for Mains Exam. For those candidates here is the UPSC Civil Service Mains Exam Syllabus & Latest Exam Pattern. Check below.
UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam Syllabus 2015
UPSC Union Public Service Commission had Conducted The Civil Service Examination For Selection Of Candidates in Administrative Service IAS, Indian Police Service IPS And Several Other Group Positions. Selection Process Consists Of Three Stages- Preliminary Examination,Main Examination, Interview. Candidates who will clear the pre exam are Eligible to attend Main Exam & then Interview.
Pre Exam result will declare Soon by UPSC, So those candidates who will qualify the Pre Exam here is the latest Exam pattern & Syllabus of UPSC Civil Services. Check out here.
- The Mains Examination shall comprise of two Qualifying papers of 300 marks each & Time Duration of 3 Hour.
One of the Indian Language to be selected by the candidate from the Languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution).(Please Refer Syllabus Link for List of Languages).
It will be test of English Language.
- The papers on Indian languages and English (Paper A and Paper B) will be of Matriculation standard and will be of qualifying nature.
- The marks obtained in these papers will not be counted for ranking.
- 30% marks in Indian Language and 25% marks in English as minimum qualifying standards in these qualifying papers.
- Candidates who get those qualifying marks the papers on Essay,General Studies and Optional Subject of only such candidates will be taken cognizance.
Papers to be Counted for Merit:
|Written Exam||Subject||Total Marks||Total Time Duration|
|Paper-I||Essay||250 Marks||3 Hours|
|Paper-II||General Studies-I||250 Marks||3 Hours|
|Paper-III||General Studies –II||250 Marks||3 Hours|
|Paper-IV||General Studies –III||250 Marks||3 Hours|
|Paper-V||General Studies -IV||250 Marks||3 Hours|
|Paper-VI||Optional Subject – Paper 1||250 Marks||3 Hours|
|Paper-VII||Optional Subject – Paper 2||250 Marks||3 Hours|
- Candidates who qualify the Mains Written Exam will have to face Personality Test i.e. Interview. Interview will be of 275 marks.
- Candidates have to write essay on Current topics.
- Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society.
- Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations
- Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management.
- Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude.
Paper- VI & VII:
- Questions will be asked from optional subject choose by Candidate.
Please Refer Syllabus Link for List of Optional Subjects.
- To Download Detailed Syllabus for UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam in English Click Here
- To Download Detailed Syllabus for UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam in Hindi Click Here
Important Books To Prepare: Here are some most recommended books which are advised by most of the authors to prepare smartly with appropriate time table and step by step preparation for the written exam. These books not only helpful in preparing for the exam but also gives important tips and tricks to crack exam.
- UPSC Civil Services Preliminary & Main Examinations 2016 (8.18.3) (PB)
- Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude for Civil Services Examination
- Compulsory English for Civil and Judicial Services
- Essays Civil Services (Main) Examination
- UPSC Ias Civil Service (Main) Examination Indian National Movement and Glimpses of Indian Culture
Official website: www.upsc.gov.in
In case of any queries and suggestions, please contact us using the comment form below. We will try to help you out and solve your queries as soon as possible. Please share your thoughts and comments on UPSC IAS main exam Syllabus for Civil Services 2015 & for more updates keep in touch with our website(4vnu.com).