Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Civil Services Exam all Over India. UPSC organizes Civil Services exam in two phases; First Phase of Civil Service exam is Preliminary exam. Check Latest Exam Pattern & Exam Syllabus of UPSC Civil Services exam Here.
UPSC IAS Pre Exam Syllabus 2015
- The Examination shall comprise of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each & Time Duration of 2 Hour.
- Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions).
- The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
- Paper-I:-Paper-I will be of General Studies -I.
- Paper-II:- Paper-I will be of General Studies –II. Paper-II will be of CSAT Pattern.
There will be negative marking. one-third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance -Constitution, Political System,Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives,etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude,etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc).
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper- II will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation there of in the question paper.
Important Books To Prepare:- Here are some most recommended books which are advised by most of the authors to prepare smartly with appropriate time table and step by step preparation for the written exam. These books not only helpful in preparing for the exam but also gives important tips and tricks to crack exam.
- General Studies Paper 1 (2015) for Civil Services Preliminary Examination
- 151 Supreme Essays: UPSC/State Civil Services and All Other Higher Competitive Exams
- UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam Paper – 1 General Studies 13 years Solved Papers + Syllabus for Civil Services Examination Preliminary & Mains 1st Edition
- 20 Years IAS Prelims (CSAT) General Studies Topic-wise Solved Papers (1995-2014)
- UPSC: Civil Services & Indian Forest Service (Common Preliminary: Paper-I) Exam Guide: Civil Services Exam and Indian forest Service Exam Common Preliminary Exam Paper 1
Candidates who qualify the Pre written exam will be eligible to take part in Phase-II of the exam i.e UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam.
Official website: www.upsc.gov.in
In case of any queries and suggestions, please contact us using the comment form below. We will try to help you out and solve your queries as soon as possible. For more latest updates keep in touch with our website(4vnu.com).