UPSC IAS Syllabus 2016 is available here for download. UPSC Syllabus and Exam pattern for IAS IPS, IRS, IFS, is present here for the candidates who are waiting for the IAS Syllabus. Union Public Service Commission released This recruitment Notification for the Posts of IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS Recruitment notification 2016. The UPSC IAS Mains Examination registration Application started is from 24th April 2016 to 24th May 2016. Now Syllabus for this IAS Exam is Provided here. Syllabus given us an Idea about the Question Paper, and how we Prepare in Exam. Download the Syllabus and start Preparation for the upcoming Exam. The Direct Link of the PDF is given below.
UPSC IAS Exam Syllabus 2016
UPSC is also referred as Union Public Service Commission. UPSC is working under the Central Government of India. Application are Invited for Various Posts of IAS, IPS, IRS etc. All the Interested and Eligible candidates can Apply for the Vacant Posts. Download the Syllabus and start Preparation for the Exam. All the Details of the Syllabus is provided for the Aspirants.
Name of the Organisation: Union Public Service Commission.
Name of the Posts: IAS , IPS, IRS IFS
Official website: upsc.gov.in
Last Date: 24 May 2016
Category: Syllabus and Exam pattern
Exam Pattern for UPSC IAS:-
IAS examination is divided into in three parts:-
- Preliminary Exam.
- Main Exam (written and interview).
A) Pre Exam:
|Paper||Subjects||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|I||General Studies||200 Marks||2 Hours|
|II||Aptitude Test||200 Marks||2 Hours|
B) Mains Exam:
|I||One Of The Indian Languages Chosen From The Prescribed List||300 Marks|
|IV/V/VI/VII||General Studies (GS) (250 Marks for Each Paper)||1000 Marks|
|VIII & IX||Optional Subject 1||500 Marks|
|Total Marks For the Written Examination||1750|
C) Interview Test:
- Aspirants have qualified in both Preliminary and Main exam will be called for Interview.
- Interview test will be of 275 marks.
UPSC IAS Syllabus 2016
UPSC IAS Preliminary Exam Syllabus 2016
- The History of India & the Indian national movement
- General issues on the Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization General Science.
- Indian and world Geography- Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India & the World.
- The Indian politics & the Governance – Constitution, the Political System, the Panchayati Raj, the Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Current events of national & the international importance
- Economic & social development Ecology- – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.,
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- General mental ability
- English language comprehension skills
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. – Class X level).
UPSC IAS Mains Exam Syllabus 2016
Paper I: Any Indian Language
In this, Aspirants have to choose one language from Languages which included in Eighth Schedule of Constitution. This exam is not compulsory for candidates who are from States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Sikkim.
Paper II: English
The purpose of this paper is to test the candidate’s skills to read & understand serious discursive prose, and to express their thoughts correctly, in English & the concerned Indian Language.
Pattern for the questions would be mostly as follows:-
- The Comprehension of given passages
- Precis Writing
- Usage and Vocabulary.
|III||Essay||Candidates writing an essay on a specific topic. Choice of subjects will be given. They will be expected to keep closely to the topic of the essay to excel their ideas in orderly & to write them in brief.|
|IV||General Studies 1||
|V||General Studies 2||
|VI||General Studies 3||
|VII||General Studies 4||
|VIII and IX||Optional 1 (Of your choice)/ Optional 2 (Of your choice)||
Download Union Public Service Commission IAS Previous Papers
Click here to download UPSC Mains Exam Previous Papers
English: General English for All Competitive Examinations.
Aptitude: Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations.
General Knowledge: General Knowledge 2016: Latest Who’s Who & Current Affairs.
Aspirants cab download the Syllabus here.We will Given all the Related Information to Syllabus is provided here. In case of any Query candidates can drop there comments in comment box.